TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is operated by THE MENUE. Throughout the site, the terms, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to THE MENUE.
All information and services are available for the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our website or ordering any products at THE MENUE, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time on this page. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. If you do not agree for whatever reason to the terms, conditions, policies, and notices of this agreement, then you may not access the website and/or use any services. If Terms and Conditions are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms and Conditions.
Please read it carefully before placing an order. If you have questions relating to these terms, conditions, policies, or notices, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The items offered by THE MENUE are pre-owned. THE MENUE guarantees authenticity of all items: they are authenticated internally by THE MENUE with third-party involvement if required.
THE MENUE is not affiliated, associated, a licensed partner or in any way officially connected with any brand THE MENUE sells. All trademarks appearing on THE MENUE channels are property of their respective owners. THE MENUE is not affiliated with the owners of any non-THE MENUE trademarks.
Your trust in THE MENUE as a reliable party for your pre-owned luxury is our top priority. Only a spotless track record of offering authentic items will establish that trust. THE MENUE therefore strives for the highest level of certainty of authenticity in the pre-owned luxury market. Our own extensive research and expertise will always serve as the base for authentication, but whenever required, it is broadened with third-party expertise.
All items offered by THE MENUE have gone through a comprehensive, internal authentication process before entering the assortment. This is done to ensure that every item meets our very strict standards, in order for you to trust that every item you purchase from THE MENUE is 100% authentic. We will never offer an item that makes us question its authenticity.
If you have purchased an item from THE MENUE and are unsure about its authenticity, please do not hesitate contacting us by sending an email to email@example.com or by messaging us via WhatsApp on +31 6 8113 9134.
3. PORTRAYAL OF ITEMS
Items offered by THE MENUE are pre-owned. The items are described and visually portrayed as clearly and realistically as possible. The items are of high quality and carefully selected based on their condition, but please aware that signs of use are inherent to pre-owned items.
THE MENUE reserves the right to amend any information, including but not limited to product pricing, product description, technical specifications, and terms of purchase without prior notice.
5. ERRORS, INACCURACIES, AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the service or on any related website is inaccurate, at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted your order.
All products remain property of THE MENUE until full payment – including shipping cost, payment fees, and any other applicable charges – is completed and the item is delivered to the customer.
7. RESERVATION OF OWNERSHIP
The ownership of the delivered products is only transferred if the full payment is completed – all that you owe to base on any agreement. The risk regarding the products passes to you at the moment of delivery.
8. PRICES, PAYMENTS, AND VAT
The prices stated for the product and services offered are in euros (€). THE MENUE does not specify VAT on invoices, in line with the Dutch margin scheme for used goods. Payment can be made via iDEAL, credit card, or Apple Pay. THE MENUE does not hold or have any access to payment information. If the payment term is exceeded, THE MENUE can decide whether the order will be cancelled.
9. LOCAL TAXES, CUSTOM DUTIES, AND OTHER FEES
All shipments within the European Union arrive DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), which means that you do not have to pay any additional taxes upon receipt of the item. Outside the European Union, all orders are shipped DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) and may therefore be subject to import taxes, custom duties and other fees levied by the country of destination. Please kindly note that you, as the recipient, are responsible for the payment of import duties at the time of delivery. For more information on custom fees, please contact your local custom office.
10. SHIPPING POLICY
THE MENUE offers worldwide shipping. All orders are shipped from the Netherlands.
Shipping within the Netherlands and Belgium with PostNL
Within the Netherlands and Belgium, your order will be sent with PostNL with insurance.
- We offer free insured shipping within the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Once your order is shipped, you will receive a shipping notification from PostNL. PostNL also notifies you about your shipment’s progress and estimated delivery date/time.
- In the case that your order value exceeds €5000, your order will be sent with DHL Express for additional insurance. Once your order is shipped, you will receive a shipping notification from DHL. DHL also notifies you about your shipment’s progress and estimated delivery date/time.
- The package will be handed over to you personally at your door after you signed.
International shipping with DHL
Outside of the Netherlands and Belgium, your order will be sent with DHL with insurance.
- Insured shipping within the European Union and the United Kingdom costs €25 up to €75. The price depends on the order value and will be calculated during check-out.
- Insured shipping to the rest of the world costs €100.
- Once your order is shipped, you will receive a shipping notification from DHL. DHL also notifies you about your shipment’s progress and estimated delivery date/time.
- The package will be handed over to you personally at your door after you signed.
Please keep in mind that any additional charges that may be applicable – such as local customs charges – are not covered by THE MENUE.
Typically, orders placed on Monday till Friday will be shipped within 24 to 48 hours. Orders placed during the weekend or public holidays will be processed in the next 2 working days. Within the Netherlands, you will receive your package within 2 working days from shipment. For shipments outside of the Netherlands the estimated delivery times are the following:
- Europe: 2 to 6 working days, depending on the destination.
- Rest of the world: 2 to 8 working days, depending on the destination.
THE MENUE is however not responsible for the duration of the delivery.
THE MENUE ensures each purchase during the shipment until it is delivered to you. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for the purchased goods passes to you. THE MENUE ensures carefulness when it comes to packaging the order and will take responsibility for a damage-free item up until the item has been accepted after shipping.
Once your shipment has been dispatched, we will send you an email notification with the tracking information.
All shipments within the European Union arrive DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), which means that you do not have to pay any additional taxes upon receipt of the item. Outside the European Union, all orders are shipped DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) and may therefore be subject to import taxes, custom duties, and other fees levied by the country of destination. These charges are not included in the total at checkout. They are determined and charged by your local customs agency. They are beyond control of THE MENUE. We are not able to estimate these fees as they vary from destination to destination. Please kindly note that you, as the recipient, are responsible for the payment of import duties at the time of delivery. If you decide to refuse your shipment, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any duties, taxes, and/or customs charges that are incurred (on both the outbound and return shipments), and the cost for the return shipment. The amount will be subtracted from your order refund. By law, we cannot change the value of the order on commercial invoices. We must adhere to all international import/export laws. For more information on customs fees, please contact your local customs office. Please kindly note that shipments outside the European Union might run into customs delays.
11. RETURN POLICY
We hope that you are pleased with your order. If there is a problem with an item or the item does not match the description or visual portrayal, we kindly ask you to contact us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the order number in the subject line and clearly specify the issue in your email. And if, for any reason, you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we offer you the possibility to return your order.
THE MENUE offers full refunds for returned items that are shipped to us within 14 days from the arrival of your order. Prior to the return shipment, a return must be requested by email and be approved by us. The item must be in the same condition in which it was delivered to you, which means that it is unworn, undamaged, with the label attached, and with all the original packaging.
- To return an item, please send an email to email@example.com. Specify your order number in the subject line and clearly specify the reason for the return of an item in your email.
- If your intended return complies with our return conditions (as stated above), we will send you an email with the confirmation for your return shipment. Please kindly note that any cost for the return shipment is for the customer, and that it is not allowed to return your order prior to receiving our approval, since we cannot refund orders that do not comply with our return conditions.
- When given the approval for a return, you will receive all the information needed to return your item, such as your return number, the return address, and a return form. Make sure to fill out the return form clearly and completely and include it in your return shipment to avoid any additional charges that may be applicable at local customs. For the same reason also clearly mark ‘returned goods’ on the package.
- You will need to ship the items within five days after receiving the return approval. We kindly ask you to send us an email with the used courier and tracking information when the return shipment has been dispatched.
- THE MENUE will not be held responsible for packages that are detained at customs because of lacking or insufficient documentation. Incomplete returns will be refused and returned to you. And please kindly note that the returned goods remain yours until it has reached us. Items lost or damaged in transit will not be refunded. Therefore, we strongly advise you to ensure your return shipment and use a reliable courier and shipment method.
Receiving a refund
If your intended return complies with our return policy and the item arrived at our office within seven days after you received the return instructions, we will refund the total costs of the goods through the original payment method. Please note that shipping costs, custom duties, and sales taxes are non-refundable. Returns that do not meet our return policy will not be refunded and will be sent back to you.
THE MENUE does not offer the possibility of exchanging items. If you would like to exchange an item, we kindly ask you to return your item as stated above and buy the desired item by placing a new order via our website.
12. ORDER CANCELLATION
After placing an order, you can request a cancellation, but only before shipment of the order. A cancellation can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify your order number in the subject line and clearly specify the desired cancellation in your email. You will receive a full refund deducted by the transaction fee of 2.9% of the total order amount.
13. FORCE MAJEURE
Events outside the control of THE MENUE, that are not reasonably foreseeable, shall be considered force majeure, meaning that THE MENUE is released from its obligations to fulfill contractual agreements. Examples of such events are government actions or omissions, new or amended legislation, conflicts, embargo, fire or flood, sabotage, accidents, war, natural disasters, strikes or lack of delivery from suppliers.
THE MENUE is entitled to send an order to the address noted with the order unless another address is provided with a written notice of another address to which the order is to be sent.
15. COPYRIGHT PERMISSION
The copyright of this site (including, without limitation, the trademarks of THE MENUE, logos, graphics, text, photos, designs, icons, images, data, and software) are owned by or licensed to THE MENUE. You are authorized to use this material only for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may download, print, and store copies of this material for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided this copyright permission notice is included in all such copies. You may not charge anyone for use of the material, and you may not publish, duplicate, or otherwise distribute the material to others without prior consent from THE MENUE. You may not modify the material in any way, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. Except as expressly stated in this legal notice, no rights or licenses to the material, or any portion thereof, shall be granted or implied.
Our trademarks include THE MENUE name and logo. These trademarks may be used or registered in more than one country. Your use of this website does not grant you any rights to use our trademarks.
17. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, we advise you to review this page periodically to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Version 1.3. Updated on 19-02-2024